Welcome to Study in Abroad
Located in Eastern Europe, Ukraine is the largest country within the continent. It has Russia on its east, Poland, Slovakia and Hungary on the west, Black Sea and Sea of Azov to the south and southeast and Romania and Moldova to the southwest. Ukraine became independent in 1991 with the fall of the Soviet Union. The change in economy and political structure from the Soviet Union to an independent country made lives of the common people very difficult in the initial years but soon, Ukraine coped with the change and emerged as a successful economy and a prosperous country. Culture in Ukraine is greatly influenced by Christianity and the culture of its neighboring countries.
Geography of Ukraine
The Ukraine’s geography vastly differs from one area of the republic to another. The Eastern European Plains cover the most of the part of the nation. The country is the second largest place in Europe (by area), after Russian Federation. The various area of the country holds diverse geographical features spanning from lowlands to highlands along with seasonal range and a huge hydrography range. The country holds an ideal position in the centre of the eastern part of the Europe. The country lies on the shores of Black Sea (North) and Sea of Azov.
Ukraine borders few European countries like Hungary, Poland and Slovakia in west and Belarus in north,... Romania and Moldova in south-west part and Russia in east. The territories of the republic mostly lay inside the Great European Plain but the western regions lies within Pannonia Plain. The Crimea shores (south) are positioned inside the sub-tropical biome i.e. separated from Ukraine through the Crimean Mountain ranges. The western part of the country appears like an alpine-like state which is controlled by the famous – Carpathian Mountains. The northern side of Carpathian Mountains enters the nation from the western side.
Benefits of Studying MBBS in Ukraine:
- Mbbs in Ukraine follows a high standard of education and teachers here are all highly qualified.
- No admission test is required for entrance into most of the colleges and universities of the country. The admission process is very simple.
- Ukraine is a part of the Bologna Process thus ensuring a certain standard of education, control over quality and advisory councils for supervision.
- World ranking of Ukrainian universities is high in almost every field.
- Almost all universities of Ukraine are recognized by international bodies and organizations such as WHO also known as AVICENNA Directory for Medicine, IMED International Medical Education Directory of FAIMER, UNESCO and AMEE.
- The students who have completed their medical degrees in Ukraine are permitted to apply for International Licensing exams like USMLE (USA), PLAB (UK), MCI Screening Test as well as other licensing exams taking place throughout the world. ...
- Scope of research and detailed study in the chosen subject area is vast in Ukraine.
- Almost all universities of Ukraine have scope for studying post- graduation and PhD thus allowing students to smoothly move from one level to the other.
- Guest lecturers and visiting professors of Ukrainian universities include globally acclaimed teachers and working professionals who are able to share their vast experience with the young minds.
- Many professional courses such as medicine is offered at much lower costs in the universities of Ukraine as compared to anywhere else in Europe.
- Cost of living is also low in Ukraine. A student with a mediocre lifestyle can survive by spending around 100USD – 200 USD a month.
- The medium of instruction is English in most courses and thus students do not need to learn a new language for admission into the colleges of Ukraine.
- The Ukrainian method of teaching is at par with that of the rest of the world and thus students find acceptance in fields of work as well as places of higher education elsewhere.
- The climate of Ukraine is moderate throughout the year thus making life comfortable.
- Ukraine has signed a bilateral student agreement with countries such as Finland, Sweden, Czech Republic and others thus making it easier for students to shift and to study MBBS in Europe.
- A vast country with a variety of landscapes and vibrant culture, Ukraine is an attractive destination for those interested in travelling. Students can thus make the most of their holidays by exploring the country they gave chosen to study in.
The Borispol International Airport is an air entrance for the country of Ukraine. The airport is 36 kilometres away from Kiev. Automobiles like bus, shuttle-bus or a taxi will help the visitors in getting connected to Kiev from the Airport. The students can even demand for pick-up facility from the University.
The country has well-connected and developed system of transportation. Hence, the travellers will not face any kind of problems while visiting from one part of the country to the other. The people can travel across the country via bus or trains. The travelling fare for about 500 kms (distance) is around 12 to 15 US Dollars. Train tickets can be bought in advance in the city or at the railway stations. The travellers can buy the train ticket on the day of the departure only from the railway stations office.
Travel within the city – The students usually travel on Government Transportation like electric buses and subway trains, etc. issued by Colleges. It costs up to 5 US Dollars, per month. The Students are offered concession over the normal rate of the tickets of buses, shuttle-buses, trains, etc.
Ukraine Embassy in Republic India
The head office of the Indian – Ukrainian embassy in located at New Delhi, India.
To collect Visa, the students have to report on time along with all required certificates and documents.